Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer Lulls. Haute Dog.

"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." - Albert Camus

This quote makes me think of my life.  When you are on track, life is beautiful, when you are off, the only person you really have to face is yourself and that is the biggest beezy of judging of them all.  I myself decided to jump off the wagon.  I "needed" a break from being healthy.  It sounds much more ridiculous when you write it down than it does when you actually think it... 

Jackalope and I lacing up for a run... a much needed run...

I seem to always hit this summer lull when I think I am done wearing a bikini and ready for nachos, margaritas and whatever the eff sounds delicious and naughty.   I feel it coming on.  I feel myself letting go of my morning runs and my menu planning.  I feel myself reaching for the cookies at BBQs that were previously ignored.  I feel myself being a jerk, so I should soon feel my foot in my own arse.

Mommmm move your ass!

I don't like feeling bad about myself.  I don't like being angry at myself for skipping my run and sleeping an extra 35 minutes.  And neither does Sir Jackalope, so he starts barking at 6am and my lazy donk gets out of bed.  Not for him, but for us both... Though mostly him because I cannot sleep anyways.

 Lights Out!

I returned the favor with an extra long, extra hot afternoon run.  Jack prefers morning runs, Emma prefers just sleeping and having cute photos taken of her.


Emma Lillian the Lioness!

She also got a hair cut...

Someone's gotta play the part of the pretty blonde...

Today we are almost back on track, minus the 2 homemade margaritas I've sipped.  They are Skinny Girl margaritas, sooo that's fine eh?  Jackalope and I ran this morning, we will be running tomorrow, and we're getting back on track.  Sometimes I am just lazy, and sometimes that is just the way it is.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment