Monday, January 3, 2011

be still my (pizza) heart

Motto of the year: If you're gonna bring the boom, don't forget the shakalaka.  Everyday.

The leftovers of my pizza at Origano.  Bomb to the dotcom.

Last night the hubs and I ventured out to a delectable new little Italian joint in Hillcrest, Origano.  It was delicious.  I actually would say this is the BEST pizza I have had since living in Italy. 

 
Apples n oats. 

This lovely January morning started off on a good note.  Greek yogurt, sliced apple, and a few oats, and ended with the debauchery that is pizza.  BUT, we're not going to sweat over it, because life's too short not to take a slice of it now and again. 

Hello my name is eat me I'm delicious. 

On normal days I would do my best to eat maybe half of my personal pizza at the VERY MOST.  Then I would feel bad about it all night, make my hubs feel bad about it, and remember how terrible I am for enjoying life via one meal.  But not tonight, not now.  

Pizza Margherita. Nom Nom Nom.

Tonight I ate the whole pie, minus 1 piece swiped by the hubs, and it was worth every bite.  Not to be cheesy, no pun intended, but it really made me think about my life in general.  If you're only going to eat half of the pie, and complain about it later what's the point?  If you order the pie, eat the pie, enjoy it, and indulge in gelato. 

   Junk in the trunk. (via Vogue Italia)

Let's just be honest with ourselves.  The junk in my trunk will never look like Kate's, but, I am going to enjoy my life, one bite at a time. AND in the 1 out of maybe 3 occasions of the whole year I eat pizza, the hubs won't think it's possible I hate myself.  Because I don't.

Nothing exists outside this cup of apple cider tea. 

The truth is the following, yoga really is my religion, tea heals the heart and soul, chocolate should be enjoyed, pizza should feel delicious, and if you are not happy with all of your choices, those around you won't be happy with you as their choice.  Soak it up.  AND if you're gonna bring the boom, don't forget to pack the shakalaka. (A tip I learned recently from NBA Jam).

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words both of you. It means A LOT. - Whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the peanut butter? Because I have the jam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the same page, life is too short not to eat it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you start back up (and keep doing) your blog lovin' soon! I miss reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tanya!!!
    I'm backkkk thanks so much for the comment!! xo

    ReplyDelete