Tuesday, December 28, 2010

shoes that make the lady make the lady?

Best advice I've heard in a really long time. #dontmatchcrazywithcrazy

True story my friend. Crazy swirls around you. Crazy can make you crazy. Crazy makes you mad. Crazy doesn't know it's crazy. When normal is crazy, to crazy you're normal. So when crazy heads your way, don't up the ante, fold. AND seek immediate attention from a retail therapist.


Meet little lady lovely in a 9 page Vogue Paris spread. She's the little beezy I wanted to be at 8.  Some would call this crazy.

p to the s. i bet your shoes never cheated on you, stabbed you in the back, or pretended to be someone they're not.

We all learn lessons the hard way.  We all learn lessons by doing.  And one thing I've learned in the past month, if you don't throw it out in the universe, it can't throw it back at you.  So throw it out there big or small and watch what happens.

Exhibit A


These Louboutins are my Christmas present from my practical, "that check will pay your car payment for 4 months", hubs.  Jaw dropped.  Beyond surprised.  For the first time I said "I die", and actually understood what it meant.

A while back I shared my Polyvore dreamlist and told my hubs, the day I buy myself a pair of Louboutins, in my mind I've made it.  He remembered my list.  He found an even more beautiful pair, and sob story short, the shoe didn't fit.  They were too small, and sold out.

Exhibit B

We marched right down to Neiman Marcus and found a similar pair, that I actually loved even more... The very last one... in MY size.  I died twice this week. 

Exhibit C

Don't let me fool you.  I probably shouldn't own these shoes within our means, but here they sit, packed neatly away in the box, sleeping in their red sleeping bag, waiting for the right occasion to come out of hibernation.

Exhibit D


The thing that really made my Christmas and put my life in perspective:  Our itty bitty not even a foot tall Christmas Tree... Which my mother in law sent us because she knew we did not get a tree, because our apartment is too small with too many animals to knock it down.  But this little nugget really made our entire holiday.

Verdict

Sure the shoes made me swoon, smile, and die, but it was the tiny tree, the crazy beautiful friends and family, and ever surprising tall glass of water of a hubs that really rocked my Christmas world.  #luckygirl  Universe, I owe you one.



No comments:

Post a Comment