Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Checking in...

2 weeks in, Whey to Go

Jack would like you to know that my working out is seriously cutting into his cuddle time, though he gets to go on morning runs with me...

Two weeks ago I embarked on the Tone It Up Bikini Challenge, and here is my first "holding myself accountable" post.  Thanks for all of your lovely words and tweets of encouragement.  Today I stand 7 pounds down, but more than that, feeling great, alive and feeling blessed to simply have my health.  I feel like I take it for granted now and again...

Morning shake getting ready... Mixed with a shot of espresso, bomb.com

I did not really get in this thing because I want to drop 20 pounds or something, I just needed a little structure to my workouts and nutrition, and the energy and confidence it is giving me weighs in much heavier than any lbs ever could.

keys to success...thus far

Morning Meta-D metabolism wake up and go drink!  We're talking water, apple cider vinegar, a smidgen of apple juice, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon.  Wakes me up in the morning, and it just makes you feel like your whole system gets a spring cleaning every morning.  Plus I love all things spicy so this is a perfect start to my day.  #nomnomnom


Water with a straw!  If my cup has a straw I have calculated that I am 203% more likely to drink it, and drink a lot of it.  Totally was once confusing hunger with dehydration.


And finally the purchase the hubs makes fun of me for, but I could careless.  Skechers Tone Ups!  They don't have the big swooping arch foot, they are subtle and give my squates, lunges, and dog walks a little pep in my step and hopefully lift in my badonk.

A few tips for anyone else embarking on this challenge
  •  Do it.  It is worth the hard work, your body will thank you, and more importantly your mind.
  •  Get yo donk up in the morning!  Just 30 minutes and sneak in the cardio sesh.  Makes the workday feel like a breeze and when life gets busy in the evening you won't have to self-sulk.
  • Plan your meals as much as possible and stock your fridge with your favorite lettuce and salad toppings.  Stock your shelves with different types of beans for protein, and nuts (in love with chili lime nuts from Trader Joe's).  There you go 4 minute salad.
  •  Weigh yourself once a week.  I. hate. scales.  However, I do know that when I weigh myself consistently I keep off what I want to keep off, and shred even more.  I may never be happy with a number, but there is satisfaction in the little things.
  •  Have fun.  Enroll a buddy.  Right now Jackalope (my pup) are in it together on the morning runs, but I much prefer sweating with real friends.
Hope your week is fantastic!  5 weeks to bikini  season.  #eep.

P.S. Probably won't be posting the pound droppage week to week, maybe at the end I will do a little before and after shot.  But probably shouldn't hold your breath... ha

3 comments:

  1. YOU are the bomb.com. I did their butt workout the other day - super quick bur definitely working! You're a hottie inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper?! what??

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I come to SD in August... we'll be running buddies. And yoga buddies. And Bootcamp buddies. K? K.

    ReplyDelete