Tuesday, April 12, 2011

flannel, kale, jean jackets... someone's making a comeback...

Jean Jacket - Vintage Calvin Klein, Flannel tunic - Forever 21, wunder unders -lululemon, old boots - Frye, messy room - Mine.

On today's menu we have flannel and kale served on a bed of jean jackets. I don't always like to document my looks, but there was something Paul Bunyan meets Pat Benetar in my mojo today that ignited the occasion. Planning my menu for the day is oddly similar to my daily outfits, if it doesn't happen in the morning or the night before, it's turns out to be a real haute mess.

It's just one of those days...

Today was no exception to the rule, except I think maybe I compromised one for the other. After my daily morning cardio assault, I packed a kale salad for lunch, a mini Larabar for a snack, guzzled my meta-d morning tonic, and by the time I addressed my outfit it was time to hit the road Jack.

Little nugget fallen from heaven...

In the end, thank you Whole Foods for the bag of pre-cut and pre-washed kale/carrots/cabbage mix, you make my heart warm and my daily menu plans doable. Additionally, two shakes to Larabar for the minis that taste like a 10:30am slice of apple pie. Not quite sure what the diagnonscience is on my outfit of the day, but since working out more and eating mo bettah with rather elaborate planning, I've embraced messy hair and the occasional mishmash outfit. Chew on this, "About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs." - Manolo Blahnik

xo

1 comment: