Monday, October 25, 2010

Get Over It and Blog It

I am obsessed with health and fitness blogs, but it wasn't until recently that I realized why; I am living vicariously through the bloggers that I follow. They seem to have all the answers, they seem perfect, their lives seem easy, and above all they look healthy. A goal I believe every woman shares and envies of other women who have attained it. This has got me thinking... I can do this, I should do this, and starting now, I am officially doing it.


It's obvious

The women I follow are healthy, fit, and seemingly happy, if they weren't I probably would not be following them. I am intrigued by what they do, what they eat, how much they eat, how they work out and how their day went because, it's a life we'd all love to share.

It's not that complicated

The truth is my life is not that far off and I could be these women.  But I always look for the shortcut, give myself excuses, and tell myself daily that I am too fat to be healthy. I'd rather eat as little as possible and then bash myself later for not being the healthy weight I "should be". It's easy to do that.  There's no prep work needed, just don't eat that much, and tell yourself how much you suck later when you dip your chip into the cheese sauce.  

The lovelies I follow all work out in different ways, follow different diets and have a different approach to health. But they have one undeniable commonality that I am missing in my life, accountability. Accountability in the forms of daily food, exercise and even mood logs,  for all of the world to see.

It's time to get over it, it's time to blog and log it.

From this point on, I'm done complaining about my body, my big old donk, the fact that I have muscles left from college, and believing that I cannot ever have the body that I want.  I am going to keep a weekly fitness and food log for the world to see... Or at my Mom and Grandma, let's be real here... I'm also taking a stand for my happiness in this process. I'm going to plan a bit more, whine a lot less, and vow not to talk about how much my body sucks to anyone including myself. Here I go...

This Nike Ad makes my heart warm.

Day 1

The morning did not start off with my renewed sense of commitment to my health and more importantly my happiness, so please excuse today's recap:

Grub
Breakfast - Coffee with 1 tablespoon of Coconut Creamer
Lunch - Spinach salad - 2 cups of spinach, 1 roma tomatoe, 1/4 cup of aduki beans, 1 tsp of peanuts, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Snack - Handful of mixed nuts
Dinner - Chips full of cheese sauce, salsa, black beans and a glass of sangria (Post Savasana bliss at Baja Betty's guarantees a Baja Belly)
Dessert - 1/2 cup of Pinkberry (I felt so bloated and annoyed with myself I threw
away half of it.)

Sweat
Ran 2.5 miles
Hot Yoga - 1 hour

Rant
Over feeling bad about my body and making it up with boatloads of cheese dip. Tomorrow really is a new day for me...

7 comments:

  1. Love this!! Great post. I love that Nike ad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you are taking charge of your health and fitness but you are absolutely NOT eating enough. Coffee for breakfast? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day that gives you energy.

    Especially with 1.5 hours of exercise, you should be eating twice that amount of calories.

    I would suggest talking to a nutritionist and finding a meal plan that is more balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the honesty! I could never just have coffee for breakfast, I'd be starving! But I wish I could find some coconut creamer!

    Keep up the great blog, you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lady lovelies!

    PS @Anonymous thank you for your honesty. Yep, I am well aware of that I actually need to eat food to be healthy and not just have coffee for breakfast. Starting today with my berry protein smoothie, I won't skip meals. xo Whit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress. The first step is setting your mind to do it. This breakfast cookies is easy, filling, and much more substantial. http://fitnessista.com/?p=178 And right up your vegan alley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling while you look to others as your inspiration there are those of us (like me) that look to you. :)

    Keep up the amazing work and thanks for blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete