Thursday, October 28, 2010

let it burn

morning berries and antics

This morning started off with a not so delicious protein smoothie that consisted of berries, almond butter, and brown rice protein powder. The man at the vitamin shop promised me I wouldn't even taste the protein powder, and he was right. I taste the heaping of clay, chalk and mud, oh nom nom nom. Help: In need of more magical protein powder, but I hate stevia, and artificial sweeteners, so bottoms up to whoever can find me that mix.

The best part of this shake was the almond butter drowned in mud.

style for style

My inspiration today: My Grandma Betty. She's crazy, but down right haute and if you listen to her you might cure your day. Smokin' right?


This is her classic, throw my hands up because I don't know why you're taking my photo pose.

kick kick kickin' it.

So Nike dropped off a sweet little package on my doorstep the other day, and I have to say I am in love. Typically I like my running shoes with a bit of support and comfort, so I didn't think these skinny minis would hold up, but they more than carried their weight in my workout this morning.

Super comfy, lightweight but yet still supportive and let's be honest the colours make my heart warm.


sweaty sesh

Oh Jillian you kicked my butt today and mama liked it.


these boots were made for bloggin...

A little swoon from Vogue Italia this morning.  I'm gonna need this cape and boots from Stefanel.


So about that protein powder... You got any tips for me?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney, I like the Whole Foods generic brand (365) protein powder, it's not chunky or overwhelming like some powders. Try this recipe from toneitup.com:

    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    1/2 cup almond milk
    2 tbs. peanut butter
    1/2 cup ice

    Throw it all in a blender and voila...liquid reese's! It's a great post-workout smoothie and it tastes like heaven.

    ReplyDelete