Wednesday, October 27, 2010

retail and yam therapy.

Houston, we have a shopping problem.
I may or may not have spent a few dollars at the mecca yesterday. BUT, I have been so good in the last year that I don't feel bad about it in the least. Yes, I work for lululemon, yes I am still as passionate and obsessed about our products as I was in college stashing my per diem from softball road trips, to drop it all at lululemon come Monday. After reinvesting in some luon, and a Jillian Michaels workout, I made myself my favorite dish: Vegan Bandidas! 

Did I mention my new kicks came in the mail today? A treat from my weekend at the espnW retreat.

What the deuce is Vegan Bandidas?
My own concoction, adapted from my favorite restaurant on the planet, Bandidas Taqueria, in Vancouver, British Columbia. I live in San Diego, so I don't get to eat there much. But I spent the entire month in Vancouver for the Olympics, and my roomies and I took a stab at combining their "Ronny Russell" and "Estelle" tacos. If you are ever in Vancouver, take the skytrain to East Van, it's worth the trek.

Voila! Bowl full of delicious dreams.
Vegan Bandidas la recita!
2 yams
2 mangos
2 roma tomatoes
1/4 cup of raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1 pear
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp of Honey
Dash of cayenne pepper (if you like it hot that is)

*Chop up all your veggies and fruit, maybe 1/4 of an inches pieces, throw it in a bowl
*Mix in the coconut oil, honey, and cayenne pepper
*Place in a baking dish and bake for 50 minutes.
*Enjoy with corn tortillas, or in a bowl with black beans!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that calls it "the mecca" :) Lurve the kicks!

    ReplyDelete