Thursday, June 2, 2011

it's goal time.

A view from the wedding location in Santa Fe.

Just got home from a wonderfully hot and delightfully fun weekend in Santa Fe. Close friends got hitched up in the hills, hubs and I drank too many sangrias to compensate for the heat, and today my body is craving the path of wellness full of kale, water and morning workouts. For the first time in years, I traveled sans laptop and took a much needed digital siesta.

Standard goal setting tools = Postcards, Nylon Magazine, fruit.

Leaving my laptop and worries in San Diego felt amazing, but 30 minutes into my 4 hour layover at LAX sent a rush of anxiety through my bones. I had mentally prepared myself to set some goals during this trip and how could that happen without my laptop? Not to fear, the trusty airport gift shop saved my goal setting intentions with postcards and a few magazines. $50 later I was ready to write my way to my future.

Mile high club goals!

There truly is no better feeling than putting your goals down on paper, and remembering why it is you work so hard and what you are actually out to accomplish in life, in work, and in yourself.  Here are just a few of my goals.
  • In June 2011 I am enrolled in dance class or martial arts (Check first class is on Tuesday!)
  • In May of 2012 I have completed my group fitness certification!  Yep, that's right.
  • In July of 2011 I run at least 18 miles and attend 3 yoga/dance/fitness classes a week.
Swagger in my step headed to the wedding rehearsal dinner. 

In the past few months I have severely neglected my goals and was kind of feeling like a ship without oars if you will.  For some reason setting a few goals before a weekend escape relaxed me even more, and got me out of bed every morning to work off some sangrias.

So cheers to the good life.

As a rather skeptical person in general, goal setting was really something I had to trick my stubborn self into doing and then enjoying (gasp).  But it truly feels good knowing I am working towards a few things again.  If you are a stubborn skeptic like myself, reluctant to set goals, set in your ways, happy with where you are at, then that's fine, I'm not gonna go Tony Robbins on you.  But, you really should at least try it once.  The fact of the matter is, there are things in your subconscious mind you may not know about until you start to think about where you are, where you are going, and where you ultimately want to be.  No one will tell you where you will be in 5 years, but you can tell yourself.  

peace.love.goals.homies.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Your life inspires me big time. Love your show! xo

    ReplyDelete