Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the best thing to hit my mornings since blackout shades and cookie crisp cereal.
Last week I finally stopped reading and constantly obsessing over healthy recipes, and started actually making them.  Love at first bite, while true and corny, doesn't cut it.  This little Jezebel has made my morning for the last 4 days in a row.  (I think it's getting serious, and we might need to talk about where this relationship is going.)

The "Breakfast Cookie"

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Tiffany for pointing out this really, really, ridiculously good looking Breakfast Cookie from one of my favorite lovelies, Fitnessista.  It is truthfully bomb.com.  I made just a couple tweaks by adding a little quinoa, and a dash of cacao powder, and honestly my mornings have been magically delicious.

halloween leftovers
One thing I've noticed since starting a revolution with myself in just this past week, is that my relationship with food has changed, literally over night.  Normally on holidays -- especially ones that involve chocolate, which to my chub-a-love desires is every holiday -- I prepare myself to gorge and detox shortly thereafter.

The Grave Yard of Pudding Coconut and Cookies

This weekend I enjoyed a couple Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, my drug of choice, sampled the graveyard and worms my momma and I made together, and did not feel an ounce of guilt.  Not because I am a changed woman ready to star on Lifetime, but because I did not overeat with the lingering thought that I'd never get to eat candy until the next holiday and I have to workout all week and try not to eat so I might as well chow down in worm town.  

Totally had warms.  They were dirty delicious.


my big fat swedish revelation
Eat, enjoy, workout, relax, talk to yourself nicely, tell your loved ones you're going to talk to yourself nicely, and somehow the chub-a-love desires melt away.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it gangsta boogies.  Peace out from Maverick and Sarah Sanderson.


No comments:

Post a Comment