Friday, November 5, 2010

new media and people's revolution

Kelly Cutrone owner of People's Revolution

I have been on a true Kelly Cutrone kick the last week.  First the book, and now I find myself consuming anything and everything she touches. Which includes watching Dr. Phil, whom I am not a fan.

Tonight I finally watched Kell On Earth and was more than delighted to watch Kelly discuss the new wave of media, and how it applies to fashion, brands, and all companies.  "To me any company who's not on the internet, and not a part of the viral game, they're just not happening."  I concur.

DKNY Cozy from All Day Everyday on Vimeo.

They created an amazing video on the streets of New York for DKNY to be spread virally via the interwebs.  People's Revolution took a small budget, a product that needed promotion, pretty girls, and the streets and produced amazing content.  Not to mention it sold out, everywhere.  A true testament of how powerful new media is, with just a dash of creativity and the gull to take a risk.  Well done Kell.

The lesson: Have a dream, get a Flip, or my new favorite the Bloggie and create something.

Creativity + Fashion + New Media = Warms My Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment