Tuesday, November 16, 2010

alt + control + delete

the last legal vice

I use a Mac, so this command is not relevant anymore.  But sometimes I think we need a command that automatically forces us to quit a certain activity, refresh it, and start anew.  Meet my human form of "alt + control + delete".

waking up to this smell is heaven

It's not a massage, or a weekend getaway, it's an espresso stove-top moka that I brought back with me when I moved home from Italy.  I know coffee is bad for you, this won't help you de-stress, blah blah blah.  I don't care.  It's a piece of a place I gave my heart, and with every cup I'm reminded of la vita bella.

My best friend from Italia, Andrea, she introduced me to Carreras, I introduced her to the side braid.

Have no fear, I put a healthy twist into my espresso vice.  As some of you may know, coffee used to be my breakfast, but we broke up (for mornings that is), and I've moved on with protein.  So I've created a perfect way to wake up. Introducing the Iced Chocolate Coconut Milk hold the whip skinny non-latte extra Italian memories almond butter espresso protein shake.

venti doppio!  Mmm protein frappuccino de whitters

The name is a work in progress and I am open to ideas.  Basically, we need a name that encompasses the ingredients and the memories it provides me.  At the end of the day, I can't move back to Italia, I made no money, barely enough for food and my Carrera obsession.  But I can dream about the friends I made, the wine I tasted, and the morning cappuccinos Giovanni served me with chocolate drawn foam hearts.  That my friends is worth waking up for.

la ricetta:

1 Scoop Chocolate Designer Whey Protein Powder
1 Shot of Espresso (brewed on the stove makes it mo-bettah)
1 tbsp of almond butter
4 ounces or so of water (I prefer filtered because I am obviously a snob)
1/2 tsp. of cacao powder
6 or so ice cubes depending on if you want a frappuccino or an iced latte version
1 tbsp of coconut milk creamer

Throw it in a blender. Sip sip remember the good days.  P.S. Starbucks if you made a morning protein frappuccino that was actually healthy, you'd sell a lot.  Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment