Thursday, December 23, 2010

bombshell hair: haute or knot?

p.s. in my secret life, I'm a hairstylist, I just don't have any clients, or a license, nor do I get paid.

Today's hair inspiration via Glamour.com

I came across this Glamour article on how to recreate the sleepy delicious hairstyle that all the Victoria Secret Angels wore in their recent Show.  I've always been curious if these explanations actually work, so I'm going for Angel Bombshell hair today.  Boom there it is.  Excited to see how it turns out.  #eep

P to the S, I will not be donning a diamond bra to complete the look.

Step one:  Messy hair?  Check!

Step Two: For me, I need a little height and a little pin back of the bangs.  So we went with the triple bobby pin swoop.
 Step Three, Four, Five and Six: Yank your hair high like you're gonna ponytail it. Start twisting TIGHTLY.  Spin it around in a bun and secure with a hair-tie.  For extra hold, secure with a couple open pronged hair pins.

Voila, ready for the day and night... I slept in this bun to work the magic in the morning.

Morning after the bun:  There's my tussle of hair in all it's morning glory.

Add the tools:  Shot my roots with thickening spray, and powdered with satin sugar, or dry shampoo.  No grease on this coif.

Section off in to four and curl baby:  I split my hair down the middle from behind, then cut those two section in half and curled each big piece.  IDEALLY, this would probably work better with a larger curling iron.

Left with ringlets:  After curling the four pieces, ringlets remained.  Which are fun for the right night, but not today.  So I turned my head upside-down and started ruffling my feathers.

Ta-da:  Here I am a couple hours later after some ruffling and a bit of outside dampness on my morning coffee trip.

Meh:  Probably gonna try this again with hairspray in my hair, and some backcombing.

Stay warm and well. xo

2 comments:

  1. Ha! This totally made me smile. When I was younger my friends and I coined this type of hair, flower hair, because after we untwisted it, it looked like a blooming flower.
    I, on the other hand, will be wearing the sparkly bra...because I own 5 of them.

    ReplyDelete