Sunday, December 5, 2010

sparkle and shine and innovate.

“I’ve always taken risks, and never worried what the world might really think of me.” - Cher

The thing is, it's possible that from time to time I overdo sparkles, shine and all that glitters. But to be honest it makes me so happy, I am okay with the possible faux pas. I am a firm believer in the fact that if it makes you happy, that's enough for the world. Because happiness helps you rock it.

Getting ready for the company Christmas party!

So this past weekend we had our company Christmas party, and I was in my hotel wondering how to dress myself and figure out how the back of my hair looks since I forgot to bring a hand mirror.  All the girls from the office went to "blow out" salons, but I am picky, I have to do this myself.

Hmm not right yet...

I knew I wanted it swept to the side, and "braid looking knots" in the back.  With an extra mirror, this is is easy, but just going off of my Helen Keller feel was not enough.  Enter iphone front facing camera.

Almost there... Couple pieces to the left that are not so notty enough.

See what I mean? 

In the end I got it where I wanted it, and glittered my way through the night.

Adrianna Papell Ombré Sequin Shift Dress and my classic Stuart Weitzmans

But really, don't you die for the rather affordable and delectable pieces Adrianna Papell has put out lately?  If not, go find her,  http://www.adriannapapell.com/, she's perfect for the holidays.

Special thanks to my girl Elim, style icon and a constant a reminder that it's okay to shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment