Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh Nordies. So brilliant.

It's no secret I have been a long time fan of Nordstrom. Aside from the fashions I ALWAYS find, I love everything about Nordies. From how clean their stores are, how they will take back almost anything, and how they really put the guest first. I could do less with the occasional pushy associate, I think I sign of the times and trying to make rent more than anything. But anyways, when you find a good salesperson at Nordies, they become your lifetime personal shopper.

Pretty little boxes wrapped up in a bow.

There's really no simpler a joy than the pretty silver boxes and bags you carry home with you, or to your bestie. They wrap your selections with care, and it really helps you justify the hmm $100 hrhhhm $200 on makeup (it's been a while you needed to start fresh, it's fine, we get it). But it wasn't until recently on a visit with the hubs, that I realized just how much I loved Nordies.

The men's shoe department... Do you spy what I spy?

Let's be clear. I don't drag the hubs to the mall or Nordies all the time, he was picking up a suit, and I found a window of opportunity to pick up some makeup, and a gift for a recently engaged friend. Normally when I break away from his structured day of errands and find something more interesting like the Laura Mercier counter, I get a few phone calls demanding my whereabouts to return to our regularly scheduled program. (P.S. remind me to someday tell you why your life is complete when you discover Laura.)

Today was different. I ventured off for a good hour before the hubs wondered where I was. Why? He was watching football in the men's shoe department of Nordstrom. Brilliant Nordies, you just gave me an extra hour to shop and I probably gave you a hundred extra bills. Totally worth it. Happy wife, happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment