Sunday, December 19, 2010

your corners of the world

Lately I've realized a rather large shift happening in my life.  Everything from my dreams, friends, and what really holds stock in my priorities are changing.  Some have been changing for a long time, some are new, and some I am just beginning to realize will change.  Normally change frightens me, but today, I'm welcoming it with open arms, and holding dear my little corners of the world.

Coral Tree Cafe in Brentwood, this exact spot under the heater was our corner of the world in college.  Going back recently reminded me how much I miss LA, and how much I have grown out of this person who originally sat there.

Sunday morning indulgences, homemade cappuccino, January Vogue.  Finding my balance again with my reading.  I have been working so much and have been so busy, I haven't made time for the things I love, like Vogue, Italian Vogue, and catching up on my BlogLovin'.  I'm bringing Sundays back.

Drops of cappuccino, sprinkles of chocolate, topped off with love.

Need I Say more?

Bialetti milk frother.  Haven't used this bad boy in over a year, I forgot how wonderfully delicious it whips up the foam for my capp.

Moka stove top espresso maker.  The way the Italians do.

Homemade cappuccino in the awesome tea china I got for our wedding.  It only make special appearances, but since it makes me so happy, I think I need to use at least one cup a week for a smile.

Homemade butternut squash soup a friend made for me, just because.  Makes the ol' heart warm, and it was delicious.

Balanced indulgences.  Because I've been rather busy lately, the at least hour workout a day I am accustomed to is not always realistic.  So I've committed myself to a 20 minute interval workout every morning.  It doesn't take long, I break a sweat, run as fast as I possibly can, and at 9:30 at night I don't beat myself up for exhaustion and no workout.  Sometimes you have to give yourself a break and just acknowledge the place your in, embrace it, and hold on to your corners of the world.  

Life changes, but simple pleasures always seem to you right back to a simple happy life.

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, i love all your posts. They always seem to ground me and have me hold onto happy thoughts. Reading your blog in the morning with my own proteinacchino is how i start my morning. You tell it like it is mama!
    Keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisha thank you so much. You honestly just made my entire month. Happy holidays sister!

    ReplyDelete